We all need to do it, but it just seems so hard. What is it? Exercising. But we gave you some help. Here are 50 creative highly doable ways to get your exercise on!
- Dancing helps to sculpt and tone your body. Go get your groove on!
2. Do your exercise with some music in your ears. Load a fast paced music for cardio
session and slow music for cooling down and stretching.
3. Watch your favorite TV program while on your stationary bike instead of your easy chair.
4. Don’t exercise alone. Exercise with your spouse, friend or coworkers. You will enjoy it
5. Break your normal routine. Go out for a walk, hike, bike ride or swimming.
6. While working out take pictures along the way. Having proof of your progress will motivate you more.
7. Always wear the appropriate clothing for your exercises. Wrong clothing can distract your fun by trapping sweat and causing blisters.
What’s The Best Exercise?
The one you ENJOY!
8. Run or walk for a good cause. Sign up for the next breast cancer walk in your area.
9. Always reward yourself after you exercise. Get yourself a post-workout smoothie.
10. Make your exercise more fun by skipping a rope. Yes, it’s not for kids only.
11. If jumping is hard for your joints, make jumping more fun by jumping on a pogo stick.
12. How about bonding with your kids while exercising? Try some video exercise games.
13. Exercising is hard at times. Work your hardest exercise in the middle of your routine as a way of marking the “top of the hill”. You will be more motivated to finish knowing the rest is all downhill.
14. Why not have fun while exercising? Try kayaking and surfing.
15. Learn new things on the treadmill with your favorite TED Talks or podcasts.
16. Psych yourself up by creating an empowerment mantra like “I can do this.” When the going gets tough repeat this in your mind. It will motivate you a long way.
17. Feeding your body the right fuel will give you more energy for exercises. Eat more protein.
18. Read success exercise stories about people who were once in your shoes about exercise. They will motivate you.
19. Remember the hula hoop you used while you were young? It has been upgraded! For a serious abdominal workout, weighted hula hoops will do the trick.
20. Enjoy your exercise by taking your dog for a walk, playing fetch, and meeting new people at the local dog park.
21. Get on a swing for dual action exercise. When you push off, you’re engaging your leg muscles; when you pull back, you’re working your midsection.
22. Feel the burn by challenging yourself to a five minute housework blitz. Better yet, get your kids to join you and multiply the effort.
23. Are you seated and bored? Try using a foot peddler while seated and thinking of what to do next with your life.
24. Simply flexing your muscles counts as exercise. Play a game by flexing your abs, butt, or arms each time you get into your car or stop at a red light.
25. Try multitasking. Try doing squats while brushing your teeth. They won’t interfere with your oral hygiene, and they’re great for your legs.
26. Forget the elevator. Make a game out of taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Accumulate 10 points for each flight and give yourself a little reward when your score hits 100.
27. Want to do something fun? Jumping jacks are an overall fun movement that burn lots of calories.
28. Spending some quality time with your friends? Make it more fun by working out those biceps and have a friendly contest with friends. Dominoes for push ups anyone?
29. Ready to sleep or not? Get playful with your kids or partner and have a lively pillow fight. You’ll definitely get your heart rate up and have a few laughs along the way.
30. Play tag or Frisbee. Playing these classic outdoor games is good fun and great exercise.
31. A friend is cracking a joke, make sure you laugh. You will listen and get some health benefits at the same time.
32. Work that core while you work. How? Get yourself a balance ball.
33. Switch things up. Try doing other exercises rather than the same routine day in day out.
34. Exercise outside. The environment we exercise in can determine how fast we tire and how fun it can be. Exercising outdoors is a great way to keep things interesting.
35. Challenge yourself. If you have something to work towards, you will find that you enjoy exercising more.
36. Don’t do too much too fast. Start out with some slow exercises and work yourself up the ladder.
37. Use applications. Have some applications that will motivate you to exercise more. There are some applications that will give you the motivation to do your best through the goals that will be set from day to day.
38. No time to go on a hike? Go for a walk instead. Get out there and feel the fresh air too.
39. Live Action Role Playing. Might seem silly to those on the outside, but to those playing, it’s an amazing adventure that reminds us how awesome our imaginations are. Also, depending on the game, you could be wearing a heavy costume, swinging heavy weaponry, and running for your life.
40. Rock climbing. It’s one of the best arm/back/forearm workouts in existence, you get to feel like a badass when you reach the top of the wall, and all climbing routes are graded so you can level up the challenge as you get stronger/fitter/better.
41. Become a real life treasure-hunter, and get a great workout while you are at it.
42. Roughhousing with your kids. Don’t be a boring dad. Roll around with your kids in the backyard. It is fun and keeps all of you young.
43. Use a standing desk. It’s no surprise that there’s a strong correlation between sitting all day and an early grave. Why not fix your posture, strengthen your legs, and spend the day being more productive with a standing desk?
44. Stop meeting for coffee. If somebody wants to meet up with you for coffee, suggest something active: throwing a baseball, tossing a Frisbee, going for a hike – anything that gets you up and moving.
45. Love making. For couples they can kill two birds with one stone. You will keep fit and at the same time increase your love and bond.
46. Do handstands. This is a fun activity that builds up serious arm and core strength and will leave you sweating bullets after even a few minutes. Find a park, go do handstands, cartwheels, somersaults, and whatever else makes you feel young again.
47. It doesn’t matter how old you are, there’s no reason you can’t get started with rolling around in your hard and vaulting over picnic tables and bike racks.
48. Adult gymnastics. Gymnastics will help you build some of the best real world strength you can get with any type of exercise, and it’s all done in a playful way without a single weight being picked up. Swing from rings, somersault, flip onto pads, and more.
49. Bike to work. You get from Point A to Point B, you save money on gas, and you get a workout.
50. Practice gratitude. Be thankful that you can exercise. Research shows that being grateful helps boost your overall mood and that alone should make fitness more fun.