Having a few extra pounds under your belt may be a nightmare if you’ve been swinging back and forth from losing and gaining weight. Sometimes the journey to losing those fats can be quite tricky despite all the methods, tips, and South Beach or Keto diets you’ve tried. If none of those ever worked for you, then this new list of tips will.
This may sound overconfident, but you certainly can lose five pounds in two weeks. It’s possible, but not without discipline and effective methods.
Water, Water Everywhere…
…And Coffee, Too?
Stay Away from Refined Carbs
Add Fiber and Protein to your Meals
Increasing your protein and fiber intake fill you faster and make you eat less in general. A study from the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition proves that increasing your protein intake of up to 30 percent can help you burn more than 400 calories each day. Protein also prevents weight regain.
- A cup of coffee, 2 boiled eggs, and half of an avocado for breakfast
- Steamed veggies and boiled chicken strips for lunch
- Smoked fish for dinner
- A cup of Green yogurt and a few strawberries for snack or dessert
Here’s another clean and lean meal plan that you can try for 2 weeks:
- Regular or steel cut oats with nuts, honey, or fruits
- Vegetable omelet with low-fat cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Bagel and a piece of banana or an apple slice
- Whole wheat toast, maple syrup, black coffee
- 3 ounces of grilled chicken, an ounce of cheddar, and pasta
- Teriyaki beef strips, mixed green salad, a tablespoon of dressing, and a small piece of bread
- Turkey burger and fresh lettuce
- Pita bread with grilled chicken, salsa, and cheese
- Minestrone soup
- Angel hair pasta, marinara sauce, meat, and fresh tomatoes
- Salsa pizza
- Roasted chicken and veggies
- Mixed greens tossed with salmon and drenched in olive oil
- Turkey chili
Exercise for 30 Minutes a Day
Any kind of exercise is good, especially when it’s done on a regular basis. Cardio exercises, however, are better because they engage your core muscles. Do kickboxing, lunges, and push-ups for 30 minutes to an hour and you’ll notice your pants slipping off after the 14 day mark.
The intensity of the exercise is no more effective than committing to a consistent exercise regimen. However, you can gradually increase and vary your exercises.
Watch Your Portions
The French keep their figures slim because they practice strict portion control. They don’t fill their plates much, and stop eating when they are stop feeling hungry.
You can complement the Portion Control Method with slow eating. The more you eat slowly, the fuller you feel. When you eat too quickly, your cravings also become intense, making you less satisfied when you should be.
The key is to not deprive yourself of food you like. Crash diets don’t really work. If they do, they just work for a short time. Food deprivation intensifies your cravings during cheat days, so a better way is to eat your favorite food in small portions.